IntroductionYou can easily plug an Oracle Database 12c non-CDB into a CDB. Just create a PDB manifest file for the non-CDB, and then use the manifest file to create a cloned PDB in the CDB.
- Ensure that you have enough disk space to hold a second copy of the non-CDB.
- Install Oracle Database 12c.
- Create a non-CDB and a CDB.
The environment used in the development of this tutorial is as follows:
- ORACLE_HOME: /u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0
- TNS Listener port: 1521
- Container databases:
- SID: cdb1
- SID: cdb2
- Pluggable databases (in cdb1):
- At this point, the new PDB cloned from the non-CDB will work fine. However, if you need to upgrade the CDB later, you should run the noncdb_to_pdb.sql script to remove superfluous non-CDB data from the PDB data dictionary. This step is optional in this tutorial, but it is recommended in a production environment.
- Perform the following steps to reset your environment prior to repeating the activities covered in this OBE or starting another OBE.