- You first clone your production application in a cloned PDB, patch the cloned PDB, and test it.
- You want to diagnose performance issues or perform performance regression tests on your application. Because you cannot perform this operation in parallel with the production in the same database, you clone the PDB into another CDB.
you will use SQL*Plus to perform a PDB cloning operation within the same CDB.
Note: If you want to clone a PDB from a CDB into another CDB, you identify the source CDB by creating a database link to it from the CDB in which you want to create the clone.
- Ensure that you have enough disk space to hold a complete clone of the PDB.
- Install Oracle Database 12c.
- Create one CDB with one PDB in it.
- ORACLE_HOME: /u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0
- TNS Listener port: 1521
- Container databases:
- SID: cdb1
- SID: cdb2
- Pluggable databases (in cdb1):
- Use SQL*Plus to clone the PDB within the same CDB.
- Perform the following steps to reset your environment prior to repeating the activities covered in this OBE or starting another OBE.