Adopmon and Adopreports utility in R12.2.5
adopmon utility in R12.2.5
R12.2.5 provides a utility named adopmon to monitor the progress of adop session.The adopmon utility is useful both in following the overall progress of a patching cycle and identifying the various individual actions that are being taken.
The following example shows how adopmon is used, with some sample output from the finalize phase.
Running script. Press Ctrl-C to quit.
Enter the APPS password:
2018/03/22 8:44:02 test EVENT Checking for existing adop sessions.
2018/03/22 8:44:02 test EVENT Checking for pending hotpatch session.
2018/03/22 8:44:02 test EVENT Checking for pending cleanup session.
2018/03/22 8:45:56 testsystem EVENT The finalize phase completed successfully.
adopreports utility in R12.2.5
Online Patching Diagnostic Reports utility, $AD_TOP/bin/adopreports, can be used to help diagnose issues or simply gather information about the status of your system.
The adopreports utility is invoked by entering the command:
$ adopreports <APPS username> <APPS password>
This displays the adopreports Main Menu:
Online Patching Diagnostic Reports Main Menu
1. Run edition reports
2. Patch edition reports
3. Other generic reports
Choosing option 1 from the Main Menu displays the Run Edition Reports Sub Menu:
Run Edition Reports Sub Menu
2. Count of uncovered objects per edition
3. List of uncovered objects per edition
4. Cleanup status – summary of covered objects per edition,etc.
5. Show covered objects count per edition.
6. Show list of covered objects per edition.
7. Back to main menu
Choosing option 2 from the Main Menu displays the Patch Edition Reports Sub Menu:
Patch Edition Reports Sub Menu
2. Patch status – new/changed objects
3. Objects patch in the current edition
4. Table manager status
5. Back to main menu
Choosing option 3 from the Main Menu displays the Other Generic Reports Sub Menu:
Other Generic Reports Sub Menu
1. Editions summary
2. Editioned objects summary
3. Free space in important tablespaces
4. Status of critical AD_ZD objects
5. Actual objects in current edition
6. Objects dependencies
7. Objects dependency tree
8. Editioning views column mappings
9. Index details for a table
10. Inherited objects in the current edition
11. All log messages
12. Materialized view details
13. Database sessions by edition
14. Table details (Synonyms, EV, etc.)
15. Count and status of DDL execution by phase
16. Back to main menu